Thursday, December 3, 2015

Treasure Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! Treasure Thursday post is back! I had an opportunity to go to two flea markets last weekend. These are the treasures I found... 


I used to collect vintage Disney products when we lived in Ft. Lauderdale. There was this huge flea market, where I used to visit pretty much every Saturday and Sunday, called the Swap Shop located on Sunrise Boulevard. There were many vendors at the Swap Shop flea market selling vintage Disney products. I stopped buying them because it got out of hand. I just wanted to buy everything Disney related and we all know how many of them are out there! Before we moved to Tampa, I was able to sell some of my collections at a consignment store. Nevertheless, I still have at least two tubs of my beloved vintage Disney products.

I bought the Mickey Mouse 9ft. paper garland for $1.00. The handheld radio (Walt Disney Productions), which works perfectly, was $4.00. The large Mickey bank (Walt Disney Productions - 1971) was $2.00. 


The pink teacup and saucer set was $2.00. The Kodak Instamatic 304 (with flash) was $10.00 and the button cards were $1.00 each. 


Who needs a Fitbit when you have a Walk-A-Matic? These pedometers were made in Japan. They measure the number of miles you jog or walk. I paid $1.00 for both. Actually, I only saw the yellow one on the table. Right away, I was drawn to the graphics on the box and ready to buy it for $1.00. Once I paid, the vendor grabbed a plastic bag and handed me the brown one and said "you can have this one for free!" I was so excited because I get to have one Walk-A-Matic for me and one for my dear husband!

When I was at both flea markets last weekend, I saw Christmas items everywhere I turned. These are some of the Christmas items I found last weekend...


The Christmas tray was $2.00. I love the graphics on it. The ornaments, toys and paper coasters were $0.25 each. 


Last but not least, I found a box of vintage ornaments for $5.00 and a pack of Vinyl stickers for $1.00

The weather here in Tampa has started to cool down a little bit; however, it is still hot during the day. I hope to visit more flea markets in the near future. I cannot wait to see what kind of treasures are waiting for me!

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Oh my, Kim, you have the best luck at flea markets! I am still looking for some vintage Christmas items to fill my little Shiny Brite ornament box I am turning into a Christmas shadowbox. Maybe this weekend I can get out and about and find some treasures!

Great finds all!

Dianne