Thursday, October 29, 2015

Treasure Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! Why do we go grocery shopping? Of course, we go grocery shopping to buy food. However, grocery shopping for me is an opportunity to stop at my favorite thrift stores! I usually stop by a couple thrift stores on my way to the grocery store and make sure to stop by my favorite one on my way home. 

These are the treasures I found at the thrift stores...


The children's books were $0.25 each. The vintage purse (made in Japan) was $1.00. I love the colors and texture of this purse. The elf (Japan) was $0.50. The Santa pick was $0.25 and the Hallmark gingerbread scented ornament set was $1.00. 

The Mickey luggage tags were $0.20 each. I was told that these were old, but I am not sure how old they are. They were brand new in a sealed plastic bag! My husband and I plan on visiting Disney this year. I will definitely use them in my Disney mini album. When my husband and I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, we would travel four hours to Disney once or twice a month. However, it has been eight years since the last time we visited Disney and we only live an hour and a half from Disney. Go figure!

I also found these treasures...


I screamed (quietly, mostly in my head) when I found this squirrel dinner plate! I picked the best day to go grocery shopping! What's so special about this plate is the fact that it was designed by one of my favorite artists from Paris, named Nathalie Lete. I love love love her work! I hope, one day, to have an opportunity to visit her studio in Paris. You can find some of her products at Anthropologie stores. I paid $2.75 for the plate. Yippee! You would not believe how many times I circled around the thrift store, hoping to find another plate that was designed by her!

The Christmas juice glasses were $0.25 each. The pink glass containers were $5.00 for the set. The graham crackers tin was $2.00. The blue cat candy tin was $0.25 and the tiny flamingo tea cup was $0.20. 

Every thrift store I visited that day already displayed their Christmas items. I also found these...


I paid $0.25 for each box! I could not believe my eyes and ears when I was told that each box was only $0.25.

Last weekend, I did not get an opportunity to go to any flea markets. Hopefully, I will get an opportunity to visit one this weekend. 

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Vanmaitai said...

Such wonderful finds!!! I especially love the childrens books! I've been looking for similar children's christmas books to make into a december album or december daily but with no luck here. Enjoying you treasured finds :-)