Thursday, January 21, 2016

Treasure Thursday

Hello everyone! I went to Webster's flea market with my friend Shelley on Monday morning. It was such a nice day! The weather was in the 40s, which was really cold for Floridians. When I arrived at the flea market, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of vendors that were there selling. They had closed off their parking lot, where we usually park, to allow more spaces for the vendors. They also opened up the opposite field for more vendors. I knew it was going to be a good treasure hunting day!


One of my New Year's resolutions is to think before I buy. It has been very hard not to buy the first thing I see, but I have been doing really well since the new year started. I have been cleaning and donating a lot of stuff to charity, which makes my dear husband very happy!

These are the treasures I found on Monday...


There were a good amount of Christmas items at the market. I found this large plastic Santa light up for $5.00. The twin elves(Made in Japan) were $7.00. 


The zippered Santa stocking was $5.00. The santa apron was $3.00 and the four vintage Japanese ornaments were $6.00.


My best find of the day was the Steiff Yuku koala bear, which I paid $15.00 for. He is so stinking cute! At the back of the flea market, I found this beautiful embroidered baby blanket for $8.00 and the doll (Made in Poland) for $7.00. The two celluloid dolls were $5.00. 


The ice cream paper bags were $1.00 each. I wish I could find more of these bags so that I can use them in one of my classes! The postcards were $0.50 each. I was very happy with these postcards because most of them are embossed and unused. 

I hope you enjoyed reading through my Treasure Thursday post. See you next time!

Happy Creating!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Wow, you made quite the killing on Monday. I especially love your ice cream bags! I didn't see anything like those! You really have a knack for finding the good stuff!

Sue fuqua said...

I so enjoy reading about your adventures. Im sher's sister Sue. I love those postcards and have never been to websters yet. What is the best time to go there...i believe they are only open on mondays? Thx for any input