Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer Folio Mini Book - Version I


I have been on Whim So Doodle's design team since 2013. Today, I would like to share with you a mini book, which I designed for them. Here it is...my Summer Folio Mini Book!





I used products from October Afternoon's Summertime collection and Maggie Holmes' Confetti collection. The folio is from Tim Holtz. Can you spot a vintage element on my front cover? That's right! The view master!


I love making several "minis" inside my mini book. The back of the front cover is actually a little folder, which opens up like a little mini book. The ice cream bag is also vintage! 


I love adding page protectors and envelopes to my projects. Here, I used a binder refill (3" x 6") from Heidi Swapp. Look at that little boy eating a piece of watermelon! How stinkin' cute!


***CRAFTING TIP*** In order to make my page protectors look more attractive, I always apply a strip of washi tape to the spine(hence blocking the holes, which were originally punched by the manufacturer). Why would I do this? Firstly, the page protector looks more cute with a strip of washi tape on the spine. Secondly, since the washi tape hides the original holes, I can decide where I would like to punch new holes on the page protector. Lastly and most importantly, I save money by using the leftover page protectors (for future projects) with any size binders I may have. Be sure to apply a piece of double sided tape to the page protector before applying the washi tape. This will help the washi tape adhere to the page protector more securely. 


Another mini book inside this folio.


Another mini book and Heidi Swapp's binder refill (3" x 4").


The vintage view master sleeve was used as a pocket on this page.


Another mini book was attached to the back of this folio! I have plenty of spaces for my photos and journaling spots. 


I hope you are inspired to make your own Summer Folio Mini Book! I will be back next time to show you another version of the summer folio mini book, which I had designed for a class I taught back in June. 

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful mini-book! I love the cover!