Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Inspiration Wednesday

Today, I would like to show you a little peek into my craft room. I get asked all the time where I get my inspiration from. I get my inspiration through reading blogs, magazines and, of course, Pinterest! Most important of all, I get inspired from my inspiration board in my craft room. 


It is a place, where I post my favorite things...pictures, clippings from magazines, postcards, or anything that makes me happy. 

 ***CRAFTING TIP*** Can you spot the magnets on my inspiration board? After several disappointing trips to different stores looking for the right magnets for my board, I decided to make my own. Here is how...


Locate your favorite tin pins, flairs or badges.


Add a couple layers of foam dots to the back of your tin pin. This will make it easier for you to grab each magnet from your board. Add a layer of magnet(which can be found at your local craft stores)on top of your foam dots. 


Voila! See how easy it is to make your own magnets? Since my inspiration board is magnetic, I added a thin piece of adhesive magnet to the back of each element before posting them on my board. I wanted to ensure that everything stayed where they were supposed to be.

As mentioned in my profile, I love making banners! The "INSPIRE" banner on top of my inspiration board was made using products from Maggie Holmes - Styleboard Collection.








Do you like making banners? I will post more banner projects in the future.

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Love the banner and the magnets!! Thanks for the inspiration!