Sunday, July 26, 2015

Summer Folio Mini Book - Version II

As promised in my last post, here is my Summer Folio Mini Book - Version II. I taught this class at the Scraporium store back in June of 2015. I have been on Scraporium's design team and teaching there since 2011. 

I used products from one of my favorite scrapbooking companies, Crate Paper - Poolside collection. The folio is from Tim Holtz.

I love the colors of this collection...turquoise, yellow and pink with just the perfect touch of gold! Oh my!



Unlike the first version of my Summer Folio, I randomly painted this one with white acrylic paint. I was very happy with the results when it was dry. The folio looked like a piece of driftwood. 



I love making several "minis" inside my mini book. Here is my first mini...the back of the front cover is a folder.

I love decorating my page protector's spine with washi tape. You can find out how I do it here.


 Tim Holtz' page protectors (assorted) were used in this project. 


First cascading mini book in this folio.


The Cheerwine price label is a vintage element in this folio.



The two minis are pop-up pages! 


The second cascading mini was attached to the back of the folio. 


After viewing both versions of my summer folio mini book, I sincerely hope you are inspired to make one for your summer photos. Which version do you prefer, version I or version II? Please leave a comment below to let me know which version of my Summer folio you like best! 

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, so glad to see you are blogging! Hope you are having fun with it. Your books are really great.
Donna G