Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thailand Trip

Happy Thursday everyone! It has been a couple months since my last post. For those of you, who have been following me on Instagram or Facebook, you probably know that I went to Thailand for two months to spend time with my family. 

Here is a snapshot of my trip...


After three planes and over thirty hours of traveling, I finally arrived in Bangkok, Thailand. As expected, my Dad, Mom and brother were there to pick me up at the airport. 


I was very surprised to see my brother with blonde hair. His intention was to color his hair grey, which made me laugh because I try very hard to cover my grey hair!

After several days of teasing my brother about his hair color, he finally changed it to brown, which made my Mom and I very happy!


I try to go to Thailand once every eighteen months and I usually spend at least two months there. One of the reasons, why I chose to visit Thailand in February, was because I wanted to spend my birthday with my family. It had been nineteen years since I spent my birthday with them. 

At 12:01 a.m. on February 27th, I was awaken by my brother, who bought a slice of cake to surprise me. 


My brother was so cute! He bought that slice of cake from a 7-Eleven store. He said it was the only place, where he could find a piece of cake at midnight. By the way, Thailand has over 8,800 7-Eleven locations throughout the country. They are everywhere! It is not unusual to see two 7-Eleven stores within a mile of each other. If you have been to Thailand, you know exactly what I am talking about. 

The cake from my brother was delicious. However, I got my official birthday cake later that day. 

What I looked forward to the most, besides spending time with my family, was shopping! There are many places to shop in Thailand. The first place, I visited, was Daiso. 


My favorite section in the store was the Stationery department. I spent way too much money on those washi tapes. 

My mom and I went to China World Fabric Mall ....


This place is a paradise for people who love fabrics! Every shop in this mall (four floors) sells nothing but fabrics. You can find everything from a yard of ribbon to very expensive Thai silk. My mom and I found a store that sells fabrics from Japan. We spent many hours going through bolts and bolts of fabrics. 

How about a ribbon store?


Walls and walls of ribbons throughout the store. Sliding each wood panel to reveal another layer of ribbon cases! You can buy them by the yard or by the roll. 

My Mom and I also visited this store...


They sell leather tassels, metal charms and resin pieces. I spent way too much money in this store!

In addition to shopping, eating was on my priority list. My Mom and Dad are great cooks! I made sure to give them a list of what I wanted to eat before I arrived. My mom cooked so much while I was there. When I left, she told my Dad and brother that she would not be cooking for a while. 


There were many restaurants that I looked forward to visiting. One of them, believe it or not, was McDonald's. They have a different menu from what we have here in the United States. I usually order the Samurai Pork Burger and fried chicken. The pineapple pie is also delicious!

Another restaurant that I had to visit was the Hachiban Ramen...


My favorite is Teriyaki Chicken Ramen. Looking at the picture, my tummy was making so much noise!

Two months went by super fast...


It was time for me to come back to the U.S. I was very sad leaving my family. However, I am looking forward to my next trip. 

4 comments:

Dianne said...

What a great trip - thanks for sharing. We sure missed you here, but obviously your family couldn't get enough of you! Loved all the pics, especially of the stores you visited! What a wonderful time for you and your family!! Glad you're back with us for 18 months!!

Sharon said...

Loved seeing all the pictures! I'm glad you are back!

Unknown said...

Looks so amazing, glad to have you back safe and sound even though I know you miss you family very much! Much love!!!

Terry Mack said...

Loved the photo visit to Thailand to visit your awesome family and do fun shopping with your Mom! Thank you for sharing! Welcome back and I look forward to seeing you, more Thailand details and your next class!