Thursday, June 16, 2016

Treasure Thursday

Hello Thursday everyone! My husband and I went to Ft. Lauderdale last weekend to visit some of our friends. Even though I knew it was going to rain throughout the weekend, I was praying for good weather so that we could go to my favorite flea market on Saturday morning. 


I think my husband was secretly hoping for the rain so that he did not have to get up early for the flea market. His wish came true...due to bad weather, we could not go to the flea market. 

That was quite okay because this girl had a backup plan...


My dear husband, who does not care to go to any flea markets or thrift stores, took me around to a total of seven thrift stores! (four of those were Goodwill stores). I used to visit some of these store frequently when we lived in Ft. Lauderdale. 

Here are the treasures I found last weekend...


My best find was this old metal globe, which I paid $3 for. The children's books were $1.00 each and the kitty toothbrush holder (Made in Japan) was $1.00.  I was surprised to see a large Christmas section at one of the Goodwill stores. After digging through several plastic bins, I found a bag of Christmas goodies for $0.99. I could not tell what items were in the bag, but I bought it because I saw a plastic deer (Made in Hong Kong). Obviously, I opened the bag as soon as we got in the car to find out what kind of goodies were in the bag. I was screaming so loud...my husband thought I found a piece of gold! It was not just one deer in the bag....there was a whole family! That's better than finding a piece of gold! Wouldn't you agree? 


I found these items from the "Family Thrift" thrift store. A roll of orange double tickets was $3.00. The halloween witch brooch was $1.00. After I paid for the two items, the lady at the register told me to pick out a book from an area, where books were stored in stackable plastic crates. When I saw those crates, I was like...oh boy! it's going to be a lot of work to find just one book. After moving two plastic crates, I found these three children's books. One book was supposed to be free. When I went to the same lady to pay for the other two books, she said I could have all of them for free! Woo Hoo! 


The Fisher Price music box record player and the change a tune piano toys were $3.00 each. They both work very well! A stack of job interview cards was $0.38. 

Even though I did not get to go to the flea market, I had a lot of fun visiting seven different thrift stores in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Most importantly, I got to spend the entire weekend with my dear husband! 

I hope you had fun reading through my Treasure Thursday post. See you next time!

Happy Creating!

No comments: