Thursday, June 30, 2016

Travel Journal - Trinidad and Tobago

Hello everyone! Today, I am going to share with you a project, which I had designed for the Whim So Doodle store last year. I was told that this project was quite popular. It was displayed at the store for a year!

My husband and I went to Trinidad and Tobago in May of 2015. We spent a total of three weeks between the two islands! I visited Trinidad many times (since my husband grew up there), but this was my first time visiting Tobago. Let me tell you...I have never seen water so blue and clear before in my life! 

Here is my travel journal for this trip...


I wanted to be able to take my journal with me so that I could record moments as they happened. In order to do that, I had to find something that would fit in my purse.

The solution was the Clearly Kelly wallet album from Hero Arts. When folded, the album measures  4 5/8 x 7 inches. The Grid Booklet and stamp set are from the Clearly Kelly collection as well. 

For this project, I chose to work with the Pink Paislee's Atlas collection.  

Here is a look inside my travel journal...


One feature which I love about the Clearly Kelly wallet album is the fact that it has many pockets behind the front and back covers. They are perfect for the airline tickets and memorabilia from the trip. 

Page 1


The first page is a calendar. It is a snapshot of the entire trip. When I look at this page, I know exactly what we did on what day. I decorated it with cute stickers from my personal collection. 

I usually print wallet sized pictures from Sam's. It costs me 17 cents to print two wallet sized pictures from a Fuji machine. What I love about printing my pictures at Sam's is the fact that I can choose two different wallet sized pictures on one print. Ultimately, it only costs me about 9 cents per picture. 

Front Page (back) and Pages 2 - 5


Our trip started on May 14, 2015. We drove to Ft. Lauderdale to get on our plane to Trinidad. Two days later we were in Tobago.  

Pages 6 - 9


In my opinion, journaling is equally as important as the pictures. I usually try my best to write down what my husband and I talk about or what happen during that moment. Five years from now, what will make me happy the most is to grab this book, look at the pictures, read my journaling and feel like I was just there. 

Pages 10 - 11


Tobago was a blast! From Trinidad, we hopped on a twin engine turboprop plane, which took literally 20 minutes to get to Tobago. The ocean was calm and clear. We were in the water for hours. 

We spent four days in Tobago. It was so sad when it was time to leave the beautiful island!

Every trip we take together, my husband always comes up with a funny name to call me. "Beach Bunny" was my name for this trip. Of course, I had to include that in my journaling.

Pages 12 - 13


I removed the staples from the booklet because I wanted to add extra papers from the Atlas collection. In addition, since I knew exactly how many pages I would need to complete this travel journal, I removed a couple pages from the grid booklet. 

Binding the album - I punched two holes (top and bottom) in the middle of the pages, stack them and secure the journal with a piece of twine.   

Pages 14 - 15


One of the reasons we went to Trinidad was so that my husband could reunite with his best friends after 25 years! We went to Tyrico beach and it was such an AWESOME day!. The best part about it was the fact that there was a never ending supply of delicious food! 

Pages 16 - 19


We loved Tobago so much that we decided to go back for the second time! It was such an adventure because we had to buy the plane tickets at the last minute. In addition, we had to find a hotel when we got to Tobago. This was so unlike us but we loved every minute of it! We only spent two days this time. I would like to visit Tobago every time I go to Trinidad. 

Pages 20 - 24


On the last day in Trinidad, we went to our favorite beach, Maracas Bay. This is where you can find the world famous bake and shark with over ten different toppings. I could not decide what I loved more...the beach or the bake and shark!

I hope you enjoyed reading through my post. In addition, I hope you give Clearly Kelly wallet system a try. I highly recommend it! 

Happy Creating!



2 comments:

Dianne said...

Of course your album is adorable!!!!!

Sharon said...

Very cool, Kim! LOVE it!!