Friday, June 3, 2016

Treasure Thursday on Friday

Treasure Thursday has been moved to Friday this week because I did a post on my Thailand trip yesterday.

While most people cooked, went to the beach or just simply relaxed at home on Memorial Day, my friend, Debbie and I, woke up at 5:00 a.m. to go to Webster's Flea Market. I expected to see more vendors at the market since it was a holiday. The market was not crowded when we arrived because it was very early, but it started to get busy around 9:00 a.m.

The weather got very hot very early. Debbie and I left the market around 10:00 a.m. We made sure not to leave without buying our favorite caramel popcorn.  




One thing I missed a lot while I was in Thailand was going to thrift stores and flea markets. There are some flea markets in Bangkok, but they are nothing like flea markets here. More importantly, due to limited luggage space, I tried to stay away from flea markets because I could probably fill up my suitcases in one trip!

These are the treasures I found on Monday...


My first purchase were these adorable vintage Valentine's greeting cards. They are unused and in perfect condition! I paid $3.00 for 12 cards. The four children's books were $3.00.

As soon as we arrived at the market, Debbie and I separated and did our own treasure hunting. In that way, we were able cover more territory and did not have to wait for each other.  
 

When we came back to my house, we were showing each other the treasures we found at the market. Debbie saw those vintage flapper-style celluloid dolls, but did not pick them up. I ended up buying them. I saw a box of Popeye chalk crayons, but did not pick it up. Debbie ended up buying it. Keep in mind...we were not together when each of us saw those items. It was very funny that we both were looking for the same kind of stuff. 

The four flapper-style celluloid dolls were $7. The squeaky lamb toy was $2.00. The Chinese children shoe ornament was $1.00. The ceramic girl bell was $3.00. I bought the bell because I loved her attitude with her index finger pointing up. I could almost hear her in my head, saying "listen to me!"

Here is my best purchase of the day....


The vintage puzzle, which I  paid $5.00 for! The library of games card set was also $5.00. 

Here is a closer look at the vintage ABC puzzle...


The puzzle is in very good condition. It is quite large...measures 13" x 15.5." I plan on putting the puzzle in a frame and hang it in my craft room. 

I hope you enjoyed reading through my Treasure Thursday post. See you next time!

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

What a great haul!!!!! You have such good luck.