Thursday, August 6, 2015

PARTY Banner

Hello! It has been a week since my last post. Lightning struck a couple houses on our street on Monday morning. As a result, we had no phone, TV and Internet service for the past three days! This event made me realize how dependent we are on technology. 

Without the phone, TV and Internet, I got to spend a lot of quality time with my husband. We had some meaningful conversations during the past three days. We actually took our time and enjoyed our dinner because there was no rush to surf the web or watch TV. Even though we always enjoy each other's company, my husband is super happy to get his Internet and TV back! 

Today, I would like to share with you my PARTY banner project, which I designed for Whim So Doodle. This banner is perfect for your next Birthday party! I used products from the Dear Lizzy - Fine & Dandy collection. I love the fun images and the bright & cheerful colors of this collection. Doesn't it just make you smile? 




The ribbon on the top of the banner is from Bethanie Lowe Designs - pastel festooning.


***CRAFTING TIP***  In order to achieve the bright and vibrant colors on the chipboard letters, I applied a coat of white gesso to the chipboard letters before I applied the acrylic paint. This will give your chipboard letters a white background to paint on instead of grey. In addition, it will prevent the chipboard letters from soaking in too much paint. Once the gesso is dry, apply the acrylic paint. Once the paint is dry, apply embossing (clear) ink on top of the painted letters, sprinkle with the UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and heat each letter with a heat tool. If you do not have the UTEE, you can use clear embossing powder as well.


I used honeycomb paper from Inky Antics to make the red balloon. I love how the honeycomb adds a 3-D effect to my project. 
        




Happy Creating!

1 comment:

disneygirlwv7 said...

I would love to do this in a class!! So cute!