Thursday, October 8, 2015

Treasure Thursday

Hello everyone! Wow! It has been two weeks since my last Treasure Thursday post. Since I was extremely busy last month with my classes and projects for October Afternoon, I did not have time to go treasure hunting until last Thursday. As I was driving to go to lunch with my friend, Kelly, I spotted an "Estate Sale" sign. I immediately (and safely) turned around and followed the signs until I arrived at the house. As I was entering the house, there was a big table with bins of jewelry on it. I did not stop at the jewelry table because I am not a big fan of jewelry. As I was walking toward the inside of the house, I spotted a large shelf with a "$0.25" sign. I went through the bins on the shelf, but did not find anything. At that point, I thought this was one of those "hit or MISS" kind of days. As I was about to leave, I went into one of the bedrooms and found these Christmas treasures!


I love vintage Christmas ornaments. I always buy these ornaments if I can find them at a good price. At the estate sale, I paid $0.25 for each one. The Christmas mobile was also $0.25. I am going to detach the pieces and use some of them in my Christmas mini book this year. The girl with her red snowsuit is really cute. The Santa bank (Made in Japan) was $4.00 and the plastic felt deer was $1.00. I am going to make a wreath around his neck. Kelly gave me a good idea...put him under a glass cloche! 

I went out treasure hunting at a couple of thrift stores around my house this week and these are the treasures I found...


I have forever been looking for a clipboard that has rings on the top instead of a clip. I paid $1.83 for this clipboard. The pocket day-timer notebook (from 1993) was $0.10. Did you notice that each page is spiral punched? The little golden book card game was $0.50. 


I found this 8" x 10" shabby chic frame for $2.16. The vintage Heuck french fry cutter was $1.19. I am going to use this as a tray for my planner clips. The feather necklaces were $0.59 each. I bought them for the feather charms. Wouldn't they look cute hanging off of a mini book? What I thought was the best find this week was the glass house jar of buttons. I am not sure how old they are, but the mint colored buttons are beautiful. I paid $1.00 for the entire jar. I would love to know how old these buttons are. If any of you have an idea, please let me know by leaving a comment below. 

That's it for this week! I am hoping for an awesome Treasure Thursday post next week because my dear husband, who hates going to garage sales and flea markets" is going to take me to a flea market next week. In addition, our community is going to have a community garage sale this Saturday. I hope to find some good treasures this weekend. 

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're the cutest, I love you!!!