Thursday, October 15, 2015

Treasure Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! I have had a very good week because 1. my community had a garage sale last Saturday and 2. my dear husband was kind enough to take me to Webster's flea market on Monday morning. I am so excited to share with you the treasures I acquired this week. 

First up, my community had a garage sale on Saturday. If you have been following me here, on Facebook or on Instagram, you probably know that my husband is not into treasure hunting at all. In fact, he does not understand why I buy what I buy or what value I see in each item. That actually works out to my advantage! Since he is not into treasure hunting, I appointed him to be my personal driver. On Saturday, he dropped me off at the beginning of the street and then picked me up at the end. He really did not mind driving and waiting for me. I am truly blessed and lucky!

The community garage sale this year was not as good as previous years. Here are the treasures I found on Saturday...


Every item I found on Saturday was $0.25, except for the roll of orange tickets. I paid $1.00 for the entire roll! I collect Steinbach ornaments and due to the high price of these ornaments, I have limited myself to buying one ornament per year. I was very excited to find the American Santa ornament for only $0.25. 

On Monday morning, we left home at 6:30 a.m. to go to Webster's flea market. If you have been there before, you know to get there early, since many outside vendors start packing up by 11 a.m. or noon. 


Whenever I go to Webster's, I always look for this vendor, named Ruth, who usually sells outside in the open area. She definitely has an eye for treasures and seems to always find stuff which I cannot say no to. Here are some pictures of her booth...




Here are the treasures I purchased from Ruth...


I bought everything in the picture for $20.00. I have been looking for the Vintage Lotto game for quite some time and was so happy to find it. The vintage Christmas cake topper decorations are darling!

Hoping to find some vintage Halloween decorations, I came across these items...



The owl pillow was $2. I bought the witch toy from a lovely lady for $1.00. When you pull the string, the witch's hat opens to reveal the words "trick or treat." She gave me the two pieces of vintage napkins for free! 

Have you ever walked away from an item and thought about it for a long time? I saw this Halloween painted tray (painted by a local artist) as soon as I arrived at the market. I thought it was unique because the pumpkin head is a soft plush. I didn't buy it at first. However, I thought of this tray the entire time I was at the market. Before I left, I visited the booth and realized that the tray was still there. With that cute pumpkin face, I had to bring him home with me. I paid $15 for the Halloween painted tray.

I also found some Christmas items...


I paid $15 for the two old large Santa dolls. I thought the Santa with the pink suit was stinkin' cute! The vendor had three of them, red, pink and gold. The Christmas cut-outs were $1.00. The plastic deer was $3 and the elf ornament was $2.00.

I also found these treasures...


I could not believe I found another clipboard and it's red! I was looking for a clipboard with rings on the top for years and I found two in two weeks! I am going to use this one for my Christmas Daily book next year. I paid $5 for this clipboard. 

I love Japanese bisque dolls. I always buy them if I can get them at a good price. I paid $3 for this one. The vintage ribbons were $5.00 for the lot. 

I have a favorite pair of sneakers, which I always grab whenever I go treasure hunting at flea markets. I can walk all day in these sneakers without any pain in my feet. As I was walking at Webster's, this happened...


The soles of my shoes came off! Both of them at the same time too! It was so funny! My husband shook his head and laughed so hard. Even my shoes could not keep up with me! I guess it's time to find another favorite pair. 

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're the cutest, I love you!