Thursday, October 22, 2015

Treasure Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! I went back to Webster's flea market on Monday for the second week in a row! This time, I went with my friend, Sheri. It was kind of chilly when we arrived at the market. However, it warmed up very quickly. 



I made sure to stop at Ruth's booth. These are the treasures I bought from her booth...



I love circus related things! I am okay with cute clowns; however, some clowns scare me. The vintage metal clown noisemaker was $3. The old bear doll was $3 and the metal flower frog was $2. 

Whenever I go to Webster's, in addition to visiting Ruth's booth, I always visit Mr. Doug's booth, which is located outside, in the open field. His way of displaying his stuff is to pile them on top of each other on the ground. While I was at his booth on Monday, he came behind me and emptied a box of glasswares on the ground. The way he did it was just like how I would throw a bucket of water on the ground. He said to me "that's just as careful as I could be." I just giggled and shook my head at the same time. 

After so many years of visiting his booth, I realized that I had to make a pile in order to get a good deal. If you go up to him with one item, you will probably pay $5.00. However, if you go up to him with two items, he will probably give you the same price. I always see a lot of people digging through piles of treasures at his booth. He really gives you a good deal! These are the items I bought from his booth...



I bought everything in the picture for $6.00! Right away, I was attracted to the elephant and the donkey Whisky bottles because they were wearing the clown suits. I did not know anything about them until I came home and did some research. Each bottle was manufactured by Regal China in 1968 for James B. Beam Distilling Co. to commemorate the presidential election. 

Monday was a good day for Children's books...


Most of these vintage Little Golden Books are from the 1940's. They are in excellent vintage condition. I paid $0.50 for each book. I was very happy when I left this booth. The two Christmas books are darling!

I also found these...


I remember playing with this vintage Playskool Roly Poly Wobble toy when I was little. As soon as I saw this toy (which I paid $5 for), I knew I had to buy it. It is now in my craft room and I have been playing with it since I brought it home. It brings back so many wonderful memories from my childhood! 

I paid $5.00 for the bicycle wind-up tin toy. The Santa (from Japan) was $2. Four vintage Christmas ornaments were $0.99 and the snowman candle holder (from Japan) was $0.30.

I bought a vintage Sled at Webster's last year. As a I was carrying the heavy sled back to my car, a gentleman shouted "I know it gets cold here in Florida, but I don't think it snows!" I had to put the sled on the ground and started laughing. Since then, I have been looking for a pair of vintage white ice skates to decorate my sled. I finally found them and the price was even better! I only paid $1 for this beauty! I could not believe my ears when she said $1.00. 

Sheri and I went to the other side of the market and I found these...


I bought four Top Value stamp books for $1.00. They are filled with yellow stamps inside. The five Sunny books were $4.00. The three vintage metal circus noisemakers were $5.00. The box of "melted" old crayons was $1.00. I love the graphics on the box. I also found another clipboard. This one was $0.50 and the size was 4.5" x 7." 

After we left the market, we stopped at three different thrift stores on our way home. I found treasures at two of the three stores. These are the treasures I found at the thrift stores...


I did not find anything at the first thrift store, but I found this beautiful large leather purse at the second store for $14.99. I usually cannot differentiate between real leather and faux leather, but I would like to believe that this one is real because it smells like the inside of a new car. The purse is very soft and supple; however, it has some weight to it because it has so many compartments. I think it is a perfect travel bag for me! 

In addition to the purse, I found these...


More vintage children's books for $1.36 each. The costume Simplicity pattern was $0.25. The honeycomb Easter centerpiece decorations were $0.59 each. 

You may be wondering if my shoes fell apart this time. Fortunately, it did not. I used another pair of sneakers, which were not as comfortable as the last pair, but I will have to stick with them until I find another favorite pair. 

I will be back tomorrow to share the information about my Christmas Workshop, which I will be teaching at Whim So Doodle in November. See you tomorrow! 

Happy Creating!

No comments: