Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Favorite Scrapbook Collection

What is your favorite scrapbook collection of all time? Mine is the Maggie Holmes, Open Book collection. I love the colors, the icons, the flowers...I love everything about this collection.

I had an opportunity to design a clipboard mini book for Whim So Doodle using this collection. I was so happy when I finally spread the entire collection out on my craft table. I hope you will enjoy looking at the pictures of my clipboard mini book. Grab some snacks and a drink because it is going to be a long post!



Here is the front cover - the clipboard is a piece of 8" x 10" clipboard covers from Zutter. The binding ring is from Tim Holtz. 


Page # 1 - Since the collection is called "Open Book", I was inspired to use real book pages for this project. I tore a page from a vintage book. I painted the entire page with Gesso and drew a frame, using the Ranger Fude ball pen. 



Page # 2 is a lunch bag with two tags in it.


Page # 3 is a pop-up page. The house in the middle picture pops up when the front page is open. 


Page # 4 is a 4" x 6" page protector. Isn't this girl stinkin' cute?



Page # 5 - the front of this page has a flap, which reveals a polaroid frame and a picture frame when opened. 



Page # 6 - the front of this page has two kraft glassine envelopes from Tim Holtz. 



Page # 7 is a tag from the ephemera pack. I love the saying "pages filled with memories, stories, and happiness."


Page # 8 has photo mats on both front and back. 


Page # 9 - I folded an envelope from a sheet of vellum. 


I hope you are inspired to make a mini book. What is your favorite collection? Please let me know in the comment section.  

Happy Creating!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I too love the Maggie Holmes' collections, but every time I pick a FAVORITE a new one comes out that I love even more! I am still playing with bits and pieces of her last collection - Confetti - it's my latest Favorite of hers!

Sharon said...

I LOVE your mini book - so many special touches! My favorite collection is probably Pebbles "Front Porch" but I also love Maggie Holmes "Confetti" and October Afternoon's "Witch Hazel!" Too hard to choose just one!