Thursday, September 24, 2015

Treasure Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! Between designing for my classes and October Afternoon, I have not had an opportunity to go treasure hunting in over three weeks. After waking up on Sunday morning, I had an urge to go treasure hunting. I decided to go to the Airport Farmers and Flea Market in Brooksville since it was only half an hour away from my house. 

If you have been following me on Instagram and Facebook, I had posted a picture of this booth. The owner's name is Mr. Kimball (that's actually his first name), who definitely has an eye for treasures!



I love Mr. Kimball's way of organizing his booth. He basically just placed things on top of each other. His way of organizing might stop some people from visiting his booth, but that was definitely not going to stop me! When I entered his booth, I saw great potential. I found two things...a vintage Japanese ceramic pencil holder ($5.00) and a 1927 Children's book ($2.00). The book was found under the big pile at the center table. 



The front cover is not in perfect shape, but the color inside is vibrant for a book from 1927. 



I also found these two vintage cameras from another booth. 



Initially, I was only interested in the one with the brown leather case for $5.00. After noticing that I was interested in his camera, the seller showed me another one, which he had in a box. I did not know what kind of camera it was until I played with it. He said if I wanted both of them, he would sell them to me for $8.00! How could I say no to that? I couldn't have given him the money fast enough! 

As I was about to leave the flea market, I came across this guy with a bunch of plastic containers on the ground. He had a bunch of vases, plates, cups, among many other things. On the surface, it looked like he only had "newer" stuff, but when I dug into each container, I found these...



I bought these twelve beautiful saucers, which were made in Japan and England, for only $2.00! I am going to use some of them in my craft room. I think they will be perfect for my planner clips and tin pins. 

I hope you enjoyed looking through my treasures! I cannot wait for the weather to cool down so that I can go to flea markets more often. Would you like to come with me? 

Happy Creating!


1 comment:

Van Ha said...

Wow you got these for great prices!! All 12 plates for $2?? That wouldn't be the price of even 1 plate around where I live!! The antiquing angels were certainly on your shoulders LOL