Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Organization Tuesday

Hello there! Do you like wood veneers? I LOVE wood veneers! I use them on cards, in page protectors' pockets or on layouts. Today, I would like to share with you how I store my wood veneers. 


Like many of you guys, I used to store my wood veneers in a plastic bead organizer. I had at least 5 of these boxes on my shelf. One of the things that bothered me the most was the fact that some of the slots were too big for the amount of wood veneers that I had. I am a little obsessive when it comes to organization. I tried not to mix them...there was a slot for hearts, one for butterflies, one for flowers, etc. This explains why I had so many bead organizers on my shelf. Occasionally, I would accidently knock over a box of wood veneers from my craft table. They were EVERYWHERE on the floor! As a result, I was determined to find a better way to store my wood veneers. My goal was to find some type of storage container that would allow me to separate my wood veneers by theme and also allow me to store them in one place.

Here is my solution! I went to Michaels and bought these plastic square favor boxes (from the wedding department). There are 30 boxes in a package and the price is $19.99. The size of each box is 2" x 2" and the height, when closed, is about 1.25."



The plastic bead organizers tend to turn yellow and cloudy over time. This is one of the reasons why I love these boxes because they are clear and sturdy. I tried shaking them a couple of times to see if the lids would come off. They did not! I am very happy with these boxes.



I organize them according to themes. If they arrive in the same package from the manufacturer, they can go in the same box. 

I placed a piece of Santa washi tape on top of the Christmas wood veneer boxes and a piece of pumpkin washi tape on top of the Halloween wood veneer boxes. By doing so, I can find them at a glance.

My next issue is...where am I going to store all of these boxes? The solution is...the Sterilite 3 drawer storage unit! 



I can fit 49 boxes of wood veneers in each drawer. That's about 3 boxes of the bead organizers! I am going to use the top two drawers for the wood veneer boxes and the bottom one for my larger wood veneer pieces. 



I am a happy camper because now I have all of my wood veneers in one place!

I hope you enjoy my organization tip. I will be sure to share more tips with you in the future.

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Loved it Kim. It also gives me ideas for other things. One of my most awkward things is my Martha Stewart punches. I have lots and some are so big. If you have any solutions, I would love to hear about them in the future.