Thursday, August 27, 2015

Treasure Thursday

Hi there! Happy Thursday everyone! If you have been following me on Facebook or Instagram, you probably saw where I was last Saturday. I was at one of my favorite thrift stores! My husband and I did not plan on going there last Saturday. We just "happened" to drive by the store (my husband did not know that I actually planned it). I was so glad we stopped because there was a BIG sale in the store last Saturday...fifty percent discount store wide!!!

Here are some of the treasures I bought on Saturday...


I love Christmas decorations, especially if it was made in Japan. The "Sleigh Bells Ring" sign is thirty-seven inches long and it was $2.38. The "Snowbabies" figurine was $4.88. The Santa planter (which was made in Japan) was $0.88 and the snowman decoration was only $0.38!


I was so happy when I found this old roll of tickets. I paid $1.38 for the entire roll! I will be sure to use this ticket in my upcoming Halloween mini book. I also found a bag of different kinds of sequins for $0.88. I love using sequins in my projects...scatter them on cards, layouts or put them in pocket pages. 

I also found these beautiful glass trays. The pictures do not do these trays justice. They are very pretty in person. As you may already know, when I go treasure hunting, I always look for containers, which I can use to store my craft items.  


When I saw these trays, I knew exactly what I was going to use them for...to store my ephemera pieces.  The large tray was $0.38 and the little ones are $0.63 each. 


The last treasures I acquired on Saturday are these beautiful old children's books at $0.50 each. I did not find these at the thrift store, my friend, Amy, found them for me. 

I hope you enjoy this week's Treasure Thursday post. My husband and I plan on going to a flea market this weekend. I will be sure to post what I find in next week's Treasure Thursday.

Happy Creating!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I go to thrift shops too. Especially for decorations. I did my snowman tree almost entirely with second hand ornaments.

The Infamous Aunt said...

Thank you so much for sharing every week. I always look forward to seeing what new treasures you have found or what new project you have in mind. I really enjoy it!!